In the Midrealm, The Order of the Greenwood Company has been created so that the archers and thrown weapon masters of the realm may have better, more coordinated leadership, to serve the Middle Kingdom.
The Members of the Order
- Baron Robin Arthur Kyrke
- Forester Dughal Mac Donnel
- Baron Alexander MacIntosh of Islay
- Master Grant Graeme du Menteith
- Master Neko-Me (+ Jun 5, 2018)
- Mistress Arwenna of Kelsley
- Forester Aelfric the Kestrell
- Master Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
- Forester Owen Fitz Edward of Wales (+ Feb 17, 2008)
- Forester Grey Oddson (+ Jul 10, 2018)
- Forester Donaldus Fletcher
- Forester Ulvar van Nederlands
- Forester Gerraint fitz Stephen
- Count Tarquin the Red
- Master Arinwald Rotstein
- Sir Wulfgang von den Lowen
- Forester Odd Grimson
- Sir Hreodbeorht of Harhun-dell
- Master Timothy O’Byrne
- Forester Eve Stoneheart the Wagand
- Forester Moira nic Connell the Strongbow
- Forester Gunther der Schwartzwulf
- Master James Cunningham
- Baron Nigel Fitzmaurice of Caeranor (+ Aug 7, 2020)
- Forester Neptunalis Freidrich Wilhelm von Metton
- Forester Alan atte Highcliffs
- Forester Stalker of Monadh
- Master Geoffrey of Warwick
- Viscountess Anne Geoffreys of Warwick
- Forester Klaus Meyer
- Master Jean Paul Pierrepont
- Forester Michael Baldwinson
- Forester Marcus Caruana
- Forester Dafydd ap Sion
- Forester Damion Grafton of Yorkshire
- Master Gwylym Penbras
- Forester Oswin Attwater
- Baron Gareth Thorne
- Forester Robert Thorne
- Countess Aibhilin ni Dhomhnaill
- Master Dorinda Scorpione
- Forester Tirloch ainmire O’Riordain
- Forester John Bartholomew of Flanders
- Master Alan of Caerlaverock
- Forester Demetrius the Undecided
- Baron Padraig MacRaighne
- Forester Dominique of House of the Golden Cock
- Forester William the Archer
- Master Fritz von Bare
- Forester Gaspero Ballister Stonewise
- Baron Aleid van Groningen
- Forester Anne Renarde
- Forester Ofria Pinkhand
- Forester William Ross
- Forester Hacmin ben Yosef
- Forester Thorin of Glendalough
- Forester Quentin MacGowan
- Master Erik Erikson
- Forester Gladius the Alchemist
- Baron Edward BrackenBurye
- Baron Eamon MacGowan
- Forester Muriel of Three Walls (+ Nov 20, 2004)
- Forester Liam of the Bow
- Forester Cirion the Lefthanded (+ Mar 28, 2021)
- Mistress Roewynne Langley of Mugmort
- Baroness Zuriel Aurelius Nightshade
- Forester Elayne Thorne
- Forester Duncadh Mac Gabhann
- Master Jhondo Oakenshield
- Forester Sabine de Creuequoer
- Forester Joshua Frost
- Forester Erevon FitzGerald
- Forester Caedmon Wilson
- Master Dougale MacAlestyr of Newcastle
- Forester Christopher Barthory
- Forester Dillon ap Dillon
- Forester Wolfram von Waldersbach
- Forester Garvin the Slow
- Forester Ryumonji Kenshin
- Forester Bran vo Lough Derg
- Forester Gustov of Darkmoon
- Master Gailen Alric Ros of Geddes
- Forester Ambrosius Philius Merlinus (+ Jan 06, 2015)
- Forester Lukas Mesmer
- Forester Edward of Thorn
- Forester Ligessac d’Issigny
- Forester Áengus Ó Nualláin
- Forester Deborah of White Waters
- Forester Trisola Ducci
- Forester Aethelwulf of Dover
- Forester Diccon de Reinport
- Forester Ulfr Raufskeggr
- Duchess Runa Æikibrandskona
- Forester Richard le Fournier
- Forester Gerard von Lowenstein
- Baroness Genevieve Rose de Glendalough
- Forester Kestral Altara von Barton
- Forester James Barkley
- Forester Sebastian Kühnbaär von Dreihügel
- Forester Petrona da Manciano
- Forester Alfairin Fani
- Forester Sven Ivarrson
- Forester Rikhard Skulison
- Forester Muldonny McVriw
- Mistress Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
- Forester William O’hAnain
- Master Philippe de Lyon
- Forester Godhit of Cynnabar
- Forester Aeffe Thorsdottir
- Forester Bartholemeu MacMolan
- Forester Isabella Oger of Bucky
- Forester Edgar von Drachenstein
- Baroness Soffya von Kulp
- Baron Henry of Exeter
- Master Zardrick Vansson
- Forester Appolonia von Wurttemberg
- Forester Bertrande Fresneau
- Forester Uthan Laoch
- Forester Caitlin inghean Neill
- Mistress Melisande de Canonwald
- Forester Miura Makoto
- Forester Isak Darkcraft
- Forester Adella Silberpfeil
- Forester Renzokuken of Ayreton
- Forester Einar Tjuguskegg
- Baroness Nadezda Zezastrizl
- Forester Edward Aelredson
- Forester Mary Garrett of Seasalter
- Forester Eirik the Elder
- Forester Woody of Gwyntarian
- Forester Gwyneth Cole
- Forester Gaelen O Gradaigh
- Forester Aidan Tyrvason
- Forester Dietrich von Hamburg
- Duke Moonwulf Starkaaderson
- Forester William McFayden
- Forester Seraphina Mascherate
- Forester Einarr Ginnfastsson
- Forester Gunnarr Bogsveigir
- Baron Orn Áskelsson
- Forester Wolfrick of Donnershafn
- Forester Reimar Erikson
- Duke Edmund of Hertford
- Forester Yaacov Ben haRav Eliezer
(As of Apr. 1, A.S.XXXIV, all Companions of the Greenwood Company have been elevated to have Grants of Arms, which allows usage of the THL, which is The Honorable Lord/Lady.)
LAWS OF THE MIDDLE KINGDOM
XVII-1400 The Order of the Greenwood Company
XVII-1401 There shall exist in the Middle Kingdom an Order unto which the Crown may elect such persons as it sees fit. The award shall be called the Order of the Greenwood Company, hereafter referred to as the Order.
XVII-1402 The Order shall be given to individuals who, in the sight of the Crown, have shown leadership and prowess, while also providing service or demonstrating skills in arts and sciences related to target archery and/or thrown weapons.
XVII-1403 Holders of the Order shall be entitled to place after their names the initials, C.G.C. and may be styled and announced in precedence as Companion of the Order of the Greenwood Company. Those holders of the Order may be styled and announced as Foresters of the Greenwood.
XVII-1404 Membership in the Order shall confer upon the holder a Grant of Arms if that individual is not already a holder of a Grant of Arms.
XVII-1405 Membership in the Order shall assure an individual a position, according to seniority in the Order, in the Order of Precedence, equal with Companions of the Orders of the Gold Mace, Bronze Ring, White Lance and Evergreen, but after Companions of the Order of the Dragon’s Heart.
XVII-1406 Elevation shall be proclaimed in court to the Middle Kingdom at large.
XVII-1407 Membership in the Order may be terminated only by the resignation of a Companion from the Order, submitted to the Crown in writing.
XVII-1408 Companions of the Order may display the badge (Fieldless) Upon a hurst of pine trees vert, a pheon inverted Or.
(These Midrealm Laws were updated as of April, AS LIII (2019)
The Greenwood Company has assumed responsibility for running the Schutzenfest, a twice annual archery competition, held in late Winter and late Summer.
Details and results are here.
If you think someone meets the requirements and you are
interested in recommending them for this order go to the kingdom web site for submissions. If you have any questions concerning
the order, feel free to contact any Greenwood Company member.
A further comment By THL Robin Arthur Kyrke:
This order is the highest level award that an archer may aspire to in this kingdom and, as such, holds a special place in the hearts of those gentles committed to the art of archery. For this reason, I wish to advise you of the qualities looked for in a potential Forester by myself and some other members of the order so that you may be better informed on this issue. I wish merely to share my views. According to the description in the laws of the Middle Kingdom, a prospective member should show excellence in two of three areas: skill, service, and arts and sciences. Of course, other factors do play a role as well, as I will attempt to explain. Although archery is far more quantifiable than the other combat arts, what sort of scores show excellence in the skill qualification? If an archer is very active, they should be shooting the Midrealm Ranking Shoot and the InterKingdom Archery Competition and sending in scores. A score of around 75+ in the ranking and 180+ in the IKAC would show a high level of skill, but I have seen members elevated with much lower scores. Personally, I feel that the skill component is very important as the Greenwood will be looked to in times of war as a source for possible Archery Champions, very much like the Red Company is for Unbelted Champions. In the area of service, a candidate should be freely teaching, marshalling, running events and practices, helping to set up and take down ranges, encouraging others in the sport, etc. They should be someone others look to for advice and support. In the arts and sciences component, a candidate would show a degree of mastery in the making of archery equipment or accessories for themselves or others. Also, research and a period appearance could be noted as well. A candidate should already have a Dragon’s Barb, unless it is felt that their qualifications are highly exceptional. They should also already be an archery marshal. It shows a commitment and responsibility to all archers and their safety. Most importantly of all, those who wear the green hood will serve as a very visible example to all who see them. How they comport themselves, on and off the range, will affect how others view all archers as a whole and how the archers view the Order. Their actions should inspire other archers to better themselves and not just in their skills. As the Knights inspire the fighters, so should the Greenwood Company be a good example to the archers.
Here is an updated version of the original Greenwood scroll wording, reflecting the current changes in Midrealm Law. This wording may be used by Royalty for the elected individual.
In all the armies in history there have been archers who have shot and taught from within the ranks, rising to positions of great honour. An archer has many virtues, such as skill with the bow, leadership on the line, and teaching of the arts and sciences of archery. Therefore, We, ______ and ______, King and Queen of the Middle Kingdom, do herewith recognize _____ as a Member of the Order of the Greenwood Company. He/She may style himself/herself a Forester of the noble order, and may bear the badge: (fieldless) Upon a Hurst of pine trees Vert, a Pheon inverted Or, in canton upon his/her shield.
Done by Our hands this ____day of (Month), Anno Societatis (A.S.) ______, in Our (Place Name).
Oath of Loyalty
We here pledge service to the Crown of the Middle Kingdom
To show leadership upon the archery and thrown fields,
To train others in the skills of the range,
And to support our Leige Lord.
Thus we pledge our bows and blades.
This is the recognized Web site for the Order of the Greenwood Company, Middle Kingdom (The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.) and is maintained by THL Diccon de Reinport. This site may contain electronic versions of the group’s governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version.
Copyright © 2020. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.
For information on using photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister at email@example.com. They will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the
legal rights of our contributors.
All external links are not part of the Middle Kingdom website. Inclusion of a page or site here is neither implicit nor explicit endorsement of the site. Further, SCA, Inc. is not responsible for content outside of midrealm.org.